Greek God Character Sketch Brainstorming
The purpose of this assignment is 3-fold.
- This assignment is meant to reinforce your
descriptive writing skills from first quarter.
- This assignment should demonstrate your thorough
understanding of who your Greek God is.
- This assignment should inform other students about
who your Greek God is, what s/he is known for, and what s/he is like.
Today, work to refresh your memory about your
god/goddess, fill in the holes of your research as needed, and start
brainstorming for your character sketch of your god/goddess.
Who is your god/goddess? (For this question, you
should write down a very thorough answer that captures all of the most
important information about who your god is, what s/he is known for, and
what s/he is like.)
How will you portray your god/goddess?
Setting and Situation, pick one.
Your god is attending/hosting a banquet on Mount Olympus with
several other gods/goddesses. (You should begin your sketch from the moment
your god arrives to the moment s/he leaves.)
Your god is at home, alone, on a Saturday afternoon. (You
should use the setting of your godís home to help convey who your god is.)
Your god is attending a sporting event/competition that is
being given in her/his honor. (The type of event and your godís behavior at
this event should help convey who your god is.)
Elements of a Character Sketch
(Start jotting down descriptions and ideas you plan on
using in your character sketch about your god for each appropriate character
sketch element below. Note: If you choose to set your god at home on a
Saturday, other characters talking about your god isnít an
appropriate element to use.)
- physical description of your god (face, body,
- description of your godís actions
- description of your godís emotional/mental state
- description of your godís personality
- internal monologue moments (includes what triggers
them) for your god
- dialogue between your god and other characters (esp.
- other characters describing or giving information
about your god
- description of the setting